So the weather inEssex has improved and Sunday was warm, so Mrs Allotment10and10a and I decided to plot.
The maincrop potatoes were earthed up.
And then on to the next structure building. Mrs Allotment10and10a has wanted to put in a wildlife pond since we took on the plot. She’s hoping the frogs and toads will control the slug population. So a fellow plotter offered up a 50 gallon container and I had the make a start of trying to sink it into the ground. All I can say is it was warm and 50 gallons is big.
Cat for scale.
Until next time, when hopefully we’ll have the first broad beans of the year.