14th February 2015 – an allotment valentines day

Today was a busy day and we are both feeling the effects of a hard days digging!

Since taking over the second plot and getting more space we had decided to get a poly tunnel, which we ordered just after christmas and carried up to the allotment a couple of weeks ago. Today the weather was finally good enough to think about getting it constructed.

First we had to clear the space of weeds etc. We had already covered the spot to try to make this easier and for once the job was much easier then we anticipated. We got the site cleared much quicker than we thought so we started to put the frame together:





Then we dug a trench around the outside to sink the frame into the ground slightly to anchor it.



Like I said, it was a tough day and we were both exhausted by this point so decided to leave putting the cover on until tomorrow.

We already also planning to start chitting our first early potatoes and preparing the ground for them in the next few weeks.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s