2nd January 2015

First visit of the new year and we find the window of the shed had been blown out by the wind. A quick fix and we managed to get on with what we’d planned to do…

Allotment6

The main aim of today was to move the second compost bin from the middle of the plot to the side of the other we moved a few weeks earlier. Other work was to dismantle the A frame the previous tenant had used for runner beans.

beforee compost

We also moved what we think is a blackcurrant bush from behind shed number 2 to by the side of the compost bins, this was in preparation for the polytunnel we had ordered and will be taking delivery of shortly.

after blackb after2get-attachment

The peas and beans had grown more over Christmas as well.

peas2

So the allotment now looks like this

Allotment7

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s