29th November 2014

During the week we’d found out we were able to extend our plot and take over plot 10, so we had to measure up and sort all the bits and pieces out for that, then we went to work.

We harvested the last of the chard the previous tenants had left on 10a and then tidied, edged and covered the rest of the bed for Winter.

IMG_0070

Allotment5

We moved a compost bin from the middle of the joined plot to the top right corner.

Part of the reason for taking on the extra plot was we wanted to get a polytunnel for some of our plans, so laid out some weed covering for where we planned to have this. We also dismantled the structure we can only assumed was a fruit cage, see the pictures below:

IMG_0074-0

IMG_0078

polyt

Our allotments now looked a little like this

Allotment6

Advertisements

One thought on “29th November 2014

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s