When we took over our allotment it looked a little like this and you can see picture here.
We decided to keep the soft fruit as they were so weren’t going to touch the raspberries or strawberries.
We decided to extend the larger beds and join them with the small, narrow beds. We started with the middle bed (bed 3), this was the clearest of the beds we had and we had plans to get some overwinter peas and beans in.
The pictures below show the work we did to edge and extend this bed, the one nearest the wheelbarrow.
We then extended the bed with the artichoke (if anyone can tell me for certain if this is artichoke, that would be nice) and moved the rhubarb from next to the shed to next to the artichoke.
Where the rhubarb used to be we planted some garlic.
So our allotment now looked like this